Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pelosi: She’s saving the planet ya’ll

Pelosi-HippieFear not everyone! Nancy P is on the job; she’s going to “save the planet” for us, since we're too dumb to believe in global warming or do anything about it ourselves.

I’m dumbfounded by this elitist, left-coast, liberal arrogance. Neat to pick up on the fact that, when these liberals go off script (when “impatiently” dealing with those pesky questions that few in the media seem willing to ask them anymore), they really show their true colors.

Pelosi: 'I'm trying to save the planet' | Politco:

With fewer than 20 legislative days before the new fiscal year begins Oct. 1, the entire appropriations process has largely ground to a halt because of the ham-handed fighting that followed Republican attempts to lift the moratorium on offshore oil and gas exploration. And after promising fairness and open debate, Pelosi has resorted to hard-nosed parliamentary devices that effectively bar any chance for Republicans to offer policy alternatives.

“I’m trying to save the planet; I’m trying to save the planet,” she says impatiently when questioned. “I will not have this debate trivialized by their excuse for their failed policy.”

“I respect the office that I hold,” she says. “And when you win the election, you win the majority, and what is the power of the speaker? To set the agenda, the power of recognition, and I am not giving the gavel away to anyone.”

No comments: