Friday, January 9, 2009

Exxon suddenly is "green?"

I think I just swallowed my tongue. There has to be an ulterior motive here...I don't know what it is, but there must be one. Why would an oil company suddenly support this BS when the myth of global warming is crashing down worldwide. Maybe that provides a clue as the "support."

Exxonmobil corp., the world's largest crude oil refiner, supports taxing carbon dioxide as the most efficient way of curbing greenhouse gas emissions, its chief executive said.

"As a businessman, it's hard to speak favourably about any new tax, but a carbon tax strikes me as a more direct, more transparent and more effective approach," Rex Tillerson, CEO of the Irving, Texas based company, said Thursday at the Woodrow Wilson international center for scholars in Washington.

[From Exxon supports carbon tax]

No comments: